
I usually hate rides home on hot, lazy afternoon. The road is so straight, I always feel like dozing off. To keep awake and to get going, we always try to shout a conversation to each other, despite the whirring of the engine, amidst me always being half deaf and going "APA?! U?! I TAK DENGAR LA!"
He usually just gives up half way. "Dala sudahlah, nanti boleh bobal!" Haha. -_-"
But today was ultimately different, we didn't utter a single word, and almost throughout the journey, with my arms around him, he'd lace the fingers of his left hand through mine and we'll just enjoy the weirdly calm aura that got over us. Suddenly I just felt so...loved. I'm sorry if this is a very vague and otherwise pathetic description of how I was actually feeling, but I can't seem to put it into words. Nevertheless, I knew I wasn't the only one feeling those sparks and fireworks that were errupting in me for no apparent reason, cos before he left he texted me the same sorta thing.
Funny how the best things can be said without being spoken, sometimes. I have no idea what it was that sparked it, no it wasn't another monthsary, no we didn't dine at a fancy restaurant, in fact, all we did was just to have lunch in school. No, we didn't take happy snappy photographs or write expressive love letters. Nothing exceptionally memorable done, but the day ended with the both of us being happier than we could've ever been, doing the abovementioned. But who cares what it was that sparked it.
What matters was that we felt it, and it made us both two happy, grateful beings.